This project finance model is an advance version of the model you can find under the following link:
It has a flexible timeline for a different stages of the project, and provides more accurate results both from the project start and financial close.
Project finance model which is not fixed to any particular industry. Easy to incorporate various revenue and cost lines. Particularly useful for the feasibility study of the potential projects from the inception. The main outcome of the model is to resolve the optimum price to achieve required hurdle rate, based on the flexible cost and debt terms.
In addition to the functionality described in the base version this model incorporates new features:
• User can assume different number of month in a period for each stage of the project – focusing on the main aspects of the project. For example the timeline of the cash flows during the development stage can be annual, during construction stage – monthly and during operations – semi-annual;
• Separate column for financial close to increase the precision in IRR calculations and separate all costs and refunds associated with the date;
• Different IRR calcs from the development stage;
• Separate development cost profile with the ability to refinance it in full or partially at the financial close;
• Ability to delay the construction and calculate liquidated damages per day;
• Simplified calculations of the development premium.
This is a project finance model, which follows best practices in financial modelling and VBA. The model will be expanded in the future to incorporate more complex aspects. Stay in touch to see the new features. Please contact me directly if you have any questions or suggestions.