Create a capitalization table through multiple rounds of investments, and forecast how investment rounds impact ownership, dilution, and distribution of proceeds to entrepreneurs and investors through a detailed exit waterfall.
- Created for use in Excel or Google Sheets, all cells and formulas are unlocked for editing and transparency, add on or edit for your specific situation.
- Includes a core capitalization table and exit waterfall that can be used by a company to model their cap table over time. Works for equity rounds, convertible notes, SAFEs, warrants, equity grants, options, warrants, and more, across multiple rounds of investments at different valuations, and shows how the distribution of value and ownership changes over multiple rounds, with charts and graphs to explain clearly.
- In addition to the core tool, the model contains a series of instructional sheets explaining how to issue equity, how to create an option pool (premoney and postmoney), how to issue and convert a convertible instrument (with three different conversion methods), and how to value a company through multiple rounds of investment, helping teach how cap tables work so you can build your own specific to your situation if needed.
- Used by investors, founders, executives — CEO, CFO, COO, VP of Finance — or advisors, mentors, or consultants to build a cap table of exit waterfall for an idea-stage, pre-seed, seed, A, or B stage company.
- Standards-based, extensively tested and used by thousands of companies across a wide variety of business types, revenue models, and needs.
- Model distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Built by a professional financial modeler with experience as an investor and running forecasting inside startups. Responsive, personal support — chat, call, or email [email protected] — and available for custom services.
ReviewsNo reviews yet