Personal Finance Templates
Download Personal Finance Templates in Excel
What is Personal Finance?
Personal finance is about all aspects of personal financial activities, including the planning and management of income, expenditures, savings, investments, and financial protection.
- Income: Cash inflow an individual receives from employment compensation (salaries), bonuses, interests, dividends, pensions, or other sources. Individuals can use income to spend, save or invest as the first step of their financial planning.
- Spending: Expenses an individual incurs on consumption of goods or services (not investment). Spending accounts for most use of people’s income, and can be categorized into cash spending and credit spending.
- Savings: Excess cash which is saved up for future use such as spending or investing. Common forms of saving include physical cash saving, savings bank account, checking bank account, and money market securities.
- Investing: The purchase of assets which generate of rate of return over the initial investment. Depending on the risk level associated with the investment, the return can differ largely. Some of the common investments are stocks, bonds, real estate, mutual funds, and commodities.
- Protection: Products used by individuals to protect against unexpected and adverse events. Some of the popular protection products are life insurance, health insurance, and real estate planning.
Top Tools for Personal Finance
Explore our collection of personal finance templates to help you better manage and plan your wealth! Some of the most useful tools are:
- Personal Finance Budget Template: Helps you plan your monthly budget to track personal income, spending, savings, and investments.
- Personal Financial Statements: State your current financial status, assets owned, liabilities owed, annual personal income and expenses, and cash flows.