This is a high level general model for used car lots / dealerships. The logic was designed for a quick 5-year financial forecast and minimum equity requirements. There are exit assumptions as well as startup funding sources that include traditional debt. Leverage and unleveraged IRR will be an output.
There is some logic surrounding the amount of inventory that is purchased ahead of time. The cash flow takes into account this difference in cash and non-cash items when being calculated. After the initial inventory runs out from startup costs, the cost of goods sold are assumed to be just-in-time.
- Up to 20 car types split into 3 categories
- Average count of cars sold per month (over 5 years)
- Start month each car type begins to be sold
- Percentage markup from average cost per car type
- Average cost per car type
- Up to 20 fixed cost slots (cost item description / start month / monthly cost in each year)
- Monthly and Annual Pro forma details (showing granular assumptions on a monthly timeline)
- Executive Summary (annual with visuals)
- Leveraged and unleveraged returns
- DCF Analysis