Retail Investment Calculator – is it worth opening a new shop?
The Retail Investment Calculator is an Excel template that would allow you to find the Return on Investment (ROI) for a new shop. It calculates the profitability of a new investment as well as its break-even sales volume given a set of assumptions.
The Retail Investment template is very easy to use. In our core business (see more About us), we frequently work with clients from the industry. We have tried to fill the model with the most important functionality that one who is about to open a new shop would need.
Functionality of the Retail Investment Calculator Template:
- change important assumptions for the new project (e.g. rent expense, the number of clients or the number of employees);
- net present value (NPV) calculations – this indicator will help to determine whether the new project is profitable;
- Return On Investment (ROI) calculations – evaluate the efficiency of your investment;
- calculate the total own funds needed for investment and determine the most critical months in terms of cash flow. Remember that most cafes cannot reach their full revenue potential in the first months of operations;
- compare different scenarios for revenue projections (e.g., min, max, average or break-even scenarios);
- create break-even scenarios, determine the break-even level of sales, and quickly test the viability of your numbers by changing the assumptions;
- precisely project total investments into the fixed assets and equipment (kitchen, furniture, main room, etc.);
- project mark-up for each product group;
- get a chart showing the projected development of your cafe cash flow over time.