Manufacturing Investment Calculator – is new equipment worth its cost?
Manufacturing Investment Calculator is an Excel template, which makes it possible for a manufacturing company to estimate the return of investment in new equipment with given assumptions and break-even sales volume.
The Manufacturing Investment template is very easy to use. In our core business, we frequently work with clients from the manufacturing industry. We have tried to fill the model with the most important functionality that one who considers investing in new equipment would need.
Functionality of the Manufacturing Investment Calculator Template:
- Change important assumptions for the new project (for example, rent for the premises while negotiations are taking place, all types of direct costs and taxation);
- net present value (NPV) calculations – this indicator will help to determine whether the new project is profitable;
- Return On Investment (ROI) calculations – evaluate the efficiency of your investment;
- calculate the total own funds needed for investment and determine the most critical months in terms of cash flow;
- compare different scenarios for revenue projections (e.g., min, max, average or break-even scenarios);
- create break-even scenarios, determine the break-even level of sales and quickly test the viability of your numbers by changing the assumptions;
- precisely project sales price and direct costs for each product group;
- evaluate effects on direct and indirect costs investing in new equipment;
- get a chart showing the projected development of your cafe cash flow over time.