This advanced personal budget template includes everything you need to keep track of your daily, monthly, and yearly personal finances! Use this budget if you like to keep close detail of what you spend and how you spend it. Additionally, use this template to calculate how much you've saved each month and over the whole year!
This advanced personal budget template uses your fixed expenses, income, and variable expenses as inputs. By using these, it calculates how much you spend and save.
This advanced personal budget template contains inputs and schedules that help you calculate your personal budget.
The inputs for this advanced personal budget template are as follows:
- Fixed Expenses: expenses that are pre-determined for every month, they do not change with usage (e.g. rent, utilities, etc.)
- After-Tax Monthly Income: the money you earn every month, your incoming cash flow from all sources
- Variable Expense Categories: different categories such as travel, entertainment, gas, etc.
- Transactions: each instance where you spend your money. Information needed includes: date, variable expense category, description, money spent
Monthly Budget Table
Use the monthly budget table to post your transactions for your variable expenses. You should sort your transactions based on the date. Additionally, make sure to include the expense category, description of your transaction, and the amount spent.
Monthly Analysis Table
The monthly budget analysis table shows you how much you are allowed to spend every day. It also shows you how much you saved or overspent each day. Additionally, it adds up your savings and overspendings to show you the cumulative difference that you have for the month. Use the monthly analysis to see if you are on track with your spending
Annual Budget Review
This tab adds up all the combined surplus or differences from all the monthly tabs. Thus, the annual budget review shows you how much you've saved throughout the entire year.
How to Use
Here is how you use this advanced personal budget template:
- Set your inputs: fixed expenses, monthly after-tax income, variable expense categories
- Post your transactions whenever they occur every day. You can add more lines for each day if you want, as long as you remember to select the write the date.
- Analyze your expenses using the monthly budget analysis tab. Make sure to refresh every time you want to see analysis to keep the table updated
- Review your yearly expenses using the annual budget review tab.